Well he's here and everything is going great. He was born on the fifth and what a crazy day it was.
I'll make it quick because I want to talk about the best part. I went to my weekly appointment and we talked about my sugar and blood pressure being high. We schedule a amino for the following Thursday. I was feeling very stressed and anxious. My fetal monitoring was right after my appointment and I had a five minute contraction causing Harrison's heart rate to drop to 90. They sent me right over to the hospital. I called Billy on the way. Don, Billy's dad, had Jonas and Lilly. At the hospital I went into labor and they delivered me that night. Harrison came out screaming and scored a 9 apgar. I thanked God continuously for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery. So many thing could have gone wrong but God is always blessing us and I am truly thankful.
Three days later they released us and we finally came home.
The best part is being home with our family. Lilly is completely in love with her brother. It's her baby and she takes care of him. She very loving and helpful. She doesn't like having him out of her sight. Once, she accidentally bumped him with her knee and he cried for a second, well this just broke her heart. She was devistated for a half a hour. I wanted to cry seeing Lilly so upset. Jonas on the other hand is quite standoffish. From afar, he look at Harrison and says, "he's so cute". or "he's so little". He says he can't hold him until he's five. I think it's just his way of processing thing. They truly are happy to have him here and I couldn't be happier.
Billy and Don have been amazing and I've been impressed with how easy were transitioning to family of five. Billy took the week off and I've loved having him fuss over me. Why didn't we do that with the other ones.
Harrison weighing in at 6 Lbs 10 oz and 19 inches tall. From his beautiful head of hair to his pudgy nose, he's perfect. For being early he's catching on quick to everything. At the first Doctors appoitment yesterday, he weighed in at 6lbs and 7oz which is good and was declared perfect by his doctor.
I'll make it quick because I want to talk about the best part. I went to my weekly appointment and we talked about my sugar and blood pressure being high. We schedule a amino for the following Thursday. I was feeling very stressed and anxious. My fetal monitoring was right after my appointment and I had a five minute contraction causing Harrison's heart rate to drop to 90. They sent me right over to the hospital. I called Billy on the way. Don, Billy's dad, had Jonas and Lilly. At the hospital I went into labor and they delivered me that night. Harrison came out screaming and scored a 9 apgar. I thanked God continuously for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery. So many thing could have gone wrong but God is always blessing us and I am truly thankful.
Three days later they released us and we finally came home.
The best part is being home with our family. Lilly is completely in love with her brother. It's her baby and she takes care of him. She very loving and helpful. She doesn't like having him out of her sight. Once, she accidentally bumped him with her knee and he cried for a second, well this just broke her heart. She was devistated for a half a hour. I wanted to cry seeing Lilly so upset. Jonas on the other hand is quite standoffish. From afar, he look at Harrison and says, "he's so cute". or "he's so little". He says he can't hold him until he's five. I think it's just his way of processing thing. They truly are happy to have him here and I couldn't be happier.
Billy and Don have been amazing and I've been impressed with how easy were transitioning to family of five. Billy took the week off and I've loved having him fuss over me. Why didn't we do that with the other ones.
Harrison weighing in at 6 Lbs 10 oz and 19 inches tall. From his beautiful head of hair to his pudgy nose, he's perfect. For being early he's catching on quick to everything. At the first Doctors appoitment yesterday, he weighed in at 6lbs and 7oz which is good and was declared perfect by his doctor.
1 comment:
I am glad to see that you and your kids are doing well. Jonas will come around when he realizes that Harry isn't going anywhere. He is feeling a little apprehensive at the moment, but once that goes away everything will be okay.
Lilly's reaction is typical of all girls I think. It is that ingrained "mommy mode" coming out. Take care everyone and love to all.
Post a Comment