Friday, January 8, 2010

Quick update

I found out I have gestational diabetes. I had it with jonas and it's the worst.

The bad: The diet is hard to follow and very constricting. Can you imagine having no dessert all during Christmas. Yeah! not fun. Plus I have to prick my finger four times a day.

The good: The diet is healthy and good for me and I wont gain much more weight on it. The other thing is that I have a lot more ultrasound which I love. I love seeing Harrison moving around and every time they check to make sure he's still a boy.

So from now on I have two appoint a week. One with my Obgyn and the other one with diabetic doctor. It's always the hardest the last few weeks. Because this is the last time I do this I'm trying to enjoy it. Having gestational diabetes can be dangerous, so please pray for Harrison and myself.

Thanks

1 comment:

vicki said...

you be careful girl - i am looking forward to seeing you and meeting harry in the future. Diabetes is nothing to sneeze at I know - Paul had it - it is a pain sticking fingers, trying to read meters, trying (but not succeeding) to get him to eat the right things (there were a lot of things that he just would not give up). You are much stronger and will do okay - prayers are with you.