Saturday, September 13, 2008

Jonas 3rd bithday

My baby boy turned three. I love Jonas because he's so much like his dad, he's cheerful and sweet and very likable. I love that he smiles easily and it lights up the room. I'm lucky to have him as the oldest he makes a great big brother and he puts up with a lot from little sister. I made him a car cake. I ran out frosting so the wheels are chocolate chips. Every year I decided that I can make the cake and every year I realize I need to take cake decorating lessons.
For his birthday we rode the train in boulder city. Our party included grandma, his friend Sloan and Sloan's parents. Jonas loves train and was really excited all day. What is it about boys and vehicle's?
The train was ran by older gentlemen that made the ride very fun , they sang happy birthday to Jonas over the loud speakers. I bought the boys hat and whistles and they didn't let go of them the whole time. They looked so cute.
The train ride was 45 minute's and the boys loved every bit of it.
I asked if the boys could blow the train whistle.
After the train ride we came back home for homemade pizza, cake and presents. Overall a very successful birthday. I was lucky to have Wilma's help, she helped clean and make the pizza. My baby boy is growing up. We are blessed to have him in our lives.

2 comments:

aterwilliger said...

I can't believe he's three today! I was thinking about you guys today and it looks like you had tons of fun. Great job on the cake - another successful year! Love you guys!

Erica said...

Oohh so cute. You are so creative Erin. What a good mommy you are. Michaels has cake decorating classes that would be fun for you to get out of the house by yourself. Although your cake kicks all of my cakes butt's all of them put together. Happy Birthday Jonas we love you!