Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Reality Bites

One of my all time favorite movies ,but not what I'm talking about. I refer to the realization that I have become one of those mom's. You know the ones that are mostly seen running after there kids. Having two toddler is quite tricky, whenever I enter a store I pray that theirs no line and no cranky old ladies. Lilly likes to pull things off shelves and while I'm putting things back; meanwhile, Jonas is running around the corner. I love the one where I'm helping Jonas put something back and Lilly is half way out of the cart. Joann's Fabric, awesome store, but it becomes a nightmare, because I'm guaranteed to have at least three elderly woman give me that look. Ah! the look. Before kids, you promised yourself that your kids would never behave like that. In my ignorance I believed my kids would always be well behaved and I could control their every action. Well I was wrong, and now I have sympathy for mom's. This new maturity makes me realize that I should be happy with the fact that I made it through the store with my kids intact and be okay with the fact that we are not perfect. My "little monsters" make me see that some realities do bite, (just like my two year old) but I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

aterwilliger said...

Ahh, yes. Joann's. I let Hailey out of her stoller because she was being really squirmy and fussy and I was trying to concentrate on which paper would make the best invitations. That was a sever lapse in judgement. She immediately embraced her freedom and ran down the closest aisle giggling and pulling ribbon from the shelves as she went. At least she was no longer shrieking. I didn't realize just how quick she was until this moment. And I became the mom that abondons the stoller (purse included) to run after my giddy child about to wreak havoc on the store. Good times!

Erica said...

Great blog! This is such a good description of motherhood and I liked that you included that it bites like your two year old. You are very witty and good at writing.